Chicken Salad With Apples and Cranberries
* 3 cups diced cooked chicken
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
* 1/2 cup diced apple
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
* 4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste, optional
* 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* lettuce leaves
Combine the chicken, cranberries, celery, onion, apple, and walnuts, if using.
In a cup or small bowl combine 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise. the lemon juice, curry powder, if using, and salt and pepper. Stir into the chicken, adding more mayonnaise as needed and for taste. Line bread or rolls with lettuce and spread chicken salad on the bread or serve the chicken salad on lettuce-lined plates.