- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled and placed in a medium bowl
- ¼ cups sliced pecans, toasted
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TSP dijon mustard
- 1 TSP sugar (optional)
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced into fourths
- 5 cups bibb and butter lettuce chopped
- In bowl with chicken, combine all ingredients except chopped lettuce. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour letting ingredients blend together. Fan out chopped lettuce greens on a plate, then pour mixture over greens to serve.
NotesTasty AND Healthy...this is a double threat dish that allows you to enjoy something that's good for you without losing flavor. The key to making this dish work is finding good strawberries that have enough sweetness. That's why the TSP of sugar is optional. That sweet will offset the bitter and sour flavors from the dijon and vinegar.
And if you want to share the salad with a friend, why not have a bottle of Brut Rosé over good conversation?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More