- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/3" thickness
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 tbsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 Slices Prosciutto
- 6 Slices Provolone
- 6 fresh Sage leaves, large
- 1/2 Cup Shallots -- Finely Chopped
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves -- Minced
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- Combine flour, rubbed sage, gran. onion, s&p. Dredge chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil with butter. Quickly brown chicken cutlets on both sides, placing onto a baking sheet as you remove them from the pan.
- Add shallots and garlic to pan and saute until soft and translucent; add wine, broth and herbs.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med and simmer 10 minutes.
- While sauce simmer, top each piece of chicken with one slice of proscuitto, then one sage leaf, then one slice of provolone.
- Combine 2 tbsp of the flour from the chicken dredging and 1/4 cup water or chicken stock; whisk in to sauce. Remove from heat, then stir in cream.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake in a 375
- degree oven for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is in oven, prepare papperdelle according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Add pasta to sauce skillet, add pasta water, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese, and toss. Make a "nest" of the pasta on each plate, top with a chicken breast and spoon some of the sauce over each one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More