Chicken Scallopine with Winter Vegetables
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound chicken cutlets
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup julienne carrots
2 cups snow peas
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup white wine
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a large nonstick pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over
2. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook them for 3
minutes on each side, transfer them to a platter and keep warm.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the snow peas and mushrooms and cook for 4 more minutes. Add the
garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the platter
with the chicken cutlets.
4. Add the white wine and thyme to the pan and simmer until the wine
has reduced by half. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the sour cream and cook until the sauce is smooth.
5. Return the chicken and vegetables to the pan for a minute or two
to warm them. Serve immediately.