- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 1 TBS anchovy paste
- 3 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped finely (if you can find frozen basil that works great, Trader Joe's has it )
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Tomatoes sliced thick
- For the chicken breasts: do scallopini style. Which means to pound out to a about 1/2 inch thick. you can do this by placing between to pieces of wax paper or plastic bag and pound with a mallet.
- Combine anchovy,garlic, basil & oil to make a paste and spread on one side of the chicken add one slice or so of the tomato and then fold over the chicken breast. careful salt and pepper chicken breast.
- Place in Hot fry pan with a little olive oil fry for 2 minutes on one side. flip carefully and cook covered for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- serve with pan juices.
- It would be good with Rice
NotesJust did the recipe for my Family. it was a hit and I was a little afraid the wouldn't like it and here's why... It has Anchovies in it. okay don't judge until you have tried it. I didn't tell them I just made it and served it all fancy like. when I tasted it I thought oh no ! they will hate it.but no one said anything. I slowly asked if they like it and they all did to my surprise. My niece Jaimee asked what were the hairy things and I just told her it was a spice. i know I lied. but for a good cause. I told the truth later. Lol
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More