- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 1 TBS anchovy paste
- 3 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped finely (if you can find frozen basil that works great, Trader Joe's has it )
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Tomatoes sliced thick
- For the chicken breasts: do scallopini style. Which means to pound out to a about 1/2 inch thick. you can do this by placing between to pieces of wax paper or plastic bag and pound with a mallet.
- Combine anchovy,garlic, basil & oil to make a paste and spread on one side of the chicken add one slice or so of the tomato and then fold over the chicken breast. careful salt and pepper chicken breast.
- Place in Hot fry pan with a little olive oil fry for 2 minutes on one side. flip carefully and cook covered for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- serve with pan juices.
- It would be good with Rice
NotesJust did the recipe for my Family. it was a hit and I was a little afraid the wouldn't like it and here's why... It has Anchovies in it. okay don't judge until you have tried it. I didn't tell them I just made it and served it all fancy like. when I tasted it I thought oh no ! they will hate it.but no one said anything. I slowly asked if they like it and they all did to my surprise. My niece Jaimee asked what were the hairy things and I just told her it was a spice. i know I lied. but for a good cause. I told the truth later. Lol