- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 (inc cooking time)
- 1 Idaho potato, ¼-inch dice
- 1 quart olive oil*
- 2 oz flour, mixed with salt and pepper
- 4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, diced into ½" pieces
- 1 oz shallots, minced
- 2 oz black olives, chopped
- 4 oz pepperoncini with juice, sliced
- ½ oz capers, drained
- 2 oz white wine
- 2 oz chicken stock
- 1 lg tomato, firm, ¼-inch dice
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 oz flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Begin by frying the potatoes in olive oil.
- The oil should be almost smoking.
- Toss chicken with flour.
- When the potatoes are half done, add the flour-tossed chicken pieces.
- While those are frying, sauté the shallots, add the olives, pepperoncini, capers, white wine, chicken stock and pepperoncini juice; reduce by half.
- When the chicken and potatoes are done, transfer to pan with olives, add 1 ounce of hot olive oil, tomatoes and cook till slightly thickened.
- It's quick, so watch it! If it gets too thick, thin with chicken stock.
- Season to taste, place on spaghetti and sprinkle with parsley.
Notes*Note for the nutrition information, only ¼ of a cup of oil per serving assumed to be absorbed by the frying process.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More