- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup dry adzuki beans
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 1. Saute the onions until soft and add garlic. Next, add in the chicken thighs. Mix in the broth, adzuki beans and wild rice. Season with sage, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook 1 hour.
- 2. Remove chicken from the pot, shred with a fork, and set aside.
- 3. Stir the sweet potato into the pot. Continue cooking about 5 minutes, until sweet potato is slightly tender. Mix in the zucchini and yellow squash. Continue cooking 15 minutes.
- 4. Return the shredded chicken to the pot. Cook until heated through. Increase the amount of broth or add water if the soup seems too thick.
NotesThis is quite a hearty soup .... I was surprised by how good the flavors blend together. You can pretty much use any type of vegetables you like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Taste of CenturyLink
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More