- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 turnip, quartered
- 2 carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, quartered 1 leek, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken, parsnip, turnip, carrots, celery, leek, onion, parsley and dill in an 8 quart stock pot; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove whole chicken from soup, tear meat from bone, and set meat aside. Discard chicken bones, parsley and dill. Remove vegetables from stock pot. Using a food processor, puree vegetables and return to stock pot, along with chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
Notes"Parsnip, turnip, leek, carrot, celery, and dill all lend their flavors to this soup made with a whole chicken. Serve over cooked noodles."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More