- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Parsnip, turnip, leek, carrot, celery, and dill all lend their flavors to this soup made with a whole chicken. Serve over cooked noodles."
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 turnip, quartered
- 2 carrots, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, quartered 1 leek, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken, parsnip, turnip, carrots, celery, leek, onion, parsley and dill in an 8 quart stock pot; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove whole chicken from soup, tear meat from bone, and set meat aside. Discard chicken bones, parsley and dill. Remove vegetables from stock pot. Using a food processor, puree vegetables and return to stock pot, along with chicken. Salt and pepper to taste.