- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts -I used 4
- 16oz pkg Vermicelli- I had bought a 24oz pack on accident.. I just left about 1/4 in the bag if you cannot find Vermicelli it is very similar to angel hair
- 2 cans Rotel -I used 1 can of hot and 1 can original-see the picture below
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup- I use the 98% fat free-- it really cuts calories and tastes the same as the original, unlike "healthy request" which has a completely different (wacky gross) taste!
- 1lb Velveeta -cut into cubes
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 stick Butter- I opted for smart balance stick 50/50 see pic below
- 1 onion chopped
- In a large pot,boil chicken breasts until done. shred and set aside.
- In the same water you cooked the chicken in, cook Vermicelli until done. Remove, rinse and set aside.
- In a large pan melt butter and add chopped onion and bell pepper. Saute until tender.
- Add Rotel and Cream of Chicken Soup to nion/bell pepper mixture. Stir until blended.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add Velveeta to your Rotel mixture stir and cook until melted.
- Once cheesy mixture is melted add chicken and stir then add Vermicelli. You will need a LARGE pan… this ends up being a huge mixture.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish and cook in oven for 30 min or until bubbling
NotesI had to use a 11x15 pan and look how full it is!! I also only cooked it for about 20 minutes and it was hot and bubbling..
OK and now for the review... IT IS GOOD!!! Spicy from the HOT Rotel... and cheesey... I know this is not the healthiest but I made healthy choices with the butter and soup! I think you could use less butter too cook the veggies in... and it would be fine! I also think I will half the recipe if I make it again as you can see how big that pan is... Both Jason and I ate it for dinner and I packed it for lunch and we have only eaten....