- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Whole Cut-up Chicken (1)
- Onion-White or Yellow (1)
- Celery Bunch
- Bell pepper (1 or 2 depending on your taste)
- Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Cream of Mushroom (1)
- Cream of Chicken (1)
- Velveeta Cheese (small box)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil chicken with 2 bouillon cubes until done. Debone Chicken, set aside and SAVE BROTH.
- In a separate pan:
- Sautee chopped onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil. Add each can of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken and 1 can of saved chicken broth. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add deboned chicken pieces and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- While that is simmering: cook noodles in whatâ€™s left of chicken broth. Add water if needed, to have sufficient amount of liquid.
- Final step:
- In a 9X13 pan, add noodles. Then pour sauce mixture over noodles. Add Velveeta in pieces-sporadically (not too much-can make it too cheesy). Then sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and bake in preheated oven (350 degrees) until cheese is melted and â€œlightlyâ€ browned.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
NotesMy mother used to cook this recipe for me as a kid. She passed it on to my older sister who passed it on to me! Hope you enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More