- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chicken tenders or chicken breast cut into strips
- Liquid from pickle jar (brined dill pickles work well)
- Garbanzo bean flour
- Sorghum flour
- Oil for Frying
- Dijon mustard
- Marinate chicken strips (or cut up breast) in enough pickle jar liquid to cover. Refrigerate for up to a day (put in marinate in the morning before work and take out for dinner that evening).
- After marinating, drain, rinse, and dry raw chicken strips. Heat oil in a frying pan (about 1/2 inch).
- For each breast, in a flat dish or on a plate, mix approximately 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour and 1/4 cup sorghum flour and sprinkle with salt. Roll chicken pieces in flour coating and carefully drop in hot oil. Cook until golden brown on each side turning only once.
- Set on paper towels or wire rack and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with Honey Mustard: Mix equal parts honey and Dijon mustard.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More