- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chicken tenders or chicken breast cut into strips
- Liquid from pickle jar (brined dill pickles work well)
- Garbanzo bean flour
- Sorghum flour
- Oil for Frying
- Dijon mustard
- Marinate chicken strips (or cut up breast) in enough pickle jar liquid to cover. Refrigerate for up to a day (put in marinate in the morning before work and take out for dinner that evening).
- After marinating, drain, rinse, and dry raw chicken strips. Heat oil in a frying pan (about 1/2 inch).
- For each breast, in a flat dish or on a plate, mix approximately 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour and 1/4 cup sorghum flour and sprinkle with salt. Roll chicken pieces in flour coating and carefully drop in hot oil. Cook until golden brown on each side turning only once.
- Set on paper towels or wire rack and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with Honey Mustard: Mix equal parts honey and Dijon mustard.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More