- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 lb Boneless Chicken breast or Thighs, cut in pieces
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 cup AP Flour
- 4 TB Butter; Divided
- 1/2 cup Leeks, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 cup Cremini or White button Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 3/4 tsp Tarragon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or Yogurt or Crème Fraîche, at room temperature
- Egg Noodles, Cooked
- Optional - Paprika or Tarragon for serving
- Cut the chicken into even chunks
- Season the flour with Salt and pepper, then lightly coat the chicken with the flour; reserve remaining seasoned flour for thickening the sauce later.
- Heat 2 TB butter in skillet; add chicken and brown on all sides. (Dredge and Sauté)
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter and add Leeks, saute for 1 minute before adding the Garlic and Mushrooms; cook until almost tender. (Cook Aromatics)
- Stir in reserved flour and toss to coat vegetables, continue to cook until a light nutty aroma signals that the flour is browned and not still “raw”, before adding Pinot Grigio and Chicken Stock, cooking until slightly thickened. (Add Liquid)
- Return chicken pieces, cover and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add Sour Cream, Tarragon and Nutmeg to the skillet; heat but do not boil. (Finish Sauce)
- Spoon over drained Egg noodles and serve.
- Sprinkle with Paprika or more Tarragon if desired for a little color.
NotesThis is a product of the "4 Step Chicken Coast to Coast", using Melissa d'Arabian's 4-step Chicken recipe, from "The Next Food Network Star", as a base. You know, the whole "Dredge and Saute", "Add Aromatics", "Add Liquid", "Finish Sauce" thing. This is what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Get Fit With Good Food!
Italy or BustSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More