- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 lb Boneless Chicken breast or Thighs, cut in pieces
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 cup AP Flour
- 4 TB Butter; Divided
- 1/2 cup Leeks, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 cup Cremini or White button Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 3/4 tsp Tarragon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or Yogurt or Crème Fraîche, at room temperature
- Egg Noodles, Cooked
- Optional - Paprika or Tarragon for serving
- Cut the chicken into even chunks
- Season the flour with Salt and pepper, then lightly coat the chicken with the flour; reserve remaining seasoned flour for thickening the sauce later.
- Heat 2 TB butter in skillet; add chicken and brown on all sides. (Dredge and Sauté)
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter and add Leeks, saute for 1 minute before adding the Garlic and Mushrooms; cook until almost tender. (Cook Aromatics)
- Stir in reserved flour and toss to coat vegetables, continue to cook until a light nutty aroma signals that the flour is browned and not still “raw”, before adding Pinot Grigio and Chicken Stock, cooking until slightly thickened. (Add Liquid)
- Return chicken pieces, cover and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add Sour Cream, Tarragon and Nutmeg to the skillet; heat but do not boil. (Finish Sauce)
- Spoon over drained Egg noodles and serve.
- Sprinkle with Paprika or more Tarragon if desired for a little color.
NotesThis is a product of the "4 Step Chicken Coast to Coast", using Melissa d'Arabian's 4-step Chicken recipe, from "The Next Food Network Star", as a base. You know, the whole "Dredge and Saute", "Add Aromatics", "Add Liquid", "Finish Sauce" thing. This is what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More