- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe came from hillybillyhousewife.com ; I have not tried to make this yet, but we love chicken flavored rice and the prices are just going up so I though it would be nice to have a recipe to make a more economical version.
- Chicken Style Rice & roni Mix
- 3/4 cup long grain brown or white rice
- 1/4 cup broken spaghetti (or just use more rice)
- 1 tablespoon dry onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 3 chicken flavored bouillon cubes or 1 tablespoon powdered bouillon
- To Prepare:
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package of Chicken Style Rice & roni Mix
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a 2-quart saucepan combine the margarine, Rice Mix and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered until done or for about 45 minutes for brown rice or 20 minutes for white rice. Serve hot.
- Leftovers can be heated up the next day, by saute-ing the cold rice in a little margarine, like fried rice. Scramble in an egg and serve in bowls.