- 1 lb. chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 2 table spoons of oil
- 1 can (13 3/4 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz) Tomato sauce
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (12 oz) corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups rice (minute rice)
- bag of shredded monterey jack or mixed taco cheese
- tortilla chips (bag)
- optional: 1 medium red/green pepper cut into small strips
Cook and stir chicken in hot oil until lightly browned. Add broth, tomato sauce, and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. add corn (and pepper). Bring to full boil.
Stir in rice. cover - remove from heat. let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in some cheese and put the rest on top. cover and let it melt. use tortilla chips to eat or with forks.