- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup low-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
Boil chicken in broth and onion for 20 minutes or until done.
Remove chicken and cut into small pieces.
Return chicken to skillet and add taco seasoning and water.
Bring to a boil, then simmer to desired consistency (10 to 15 minutes).
Heat tortillas in microwave or iron skillet. Place 1/12 cooked chicken in the center of each tortilla.
Top with 1/12 cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.