- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, with skin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 cloves garlic, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 165° C (325° F).
- Trickle 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Arrange chicken thighs in the pan.
- Mix the tomato paste and water, and spread over the chicken.
- Place garlic clove halves in the pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and pepperoncini over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
- Periodically pour a little water into the pan if it starts to get dry.
NotesFrom an unforgettable trip to Turkey
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Italy or Bust
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More