- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1+1/2 - 3 lbs boneless chicken
- 1 cup rice (not instant)
- 1 can green beans (I use whole)
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1can mushrooms
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar or Equal
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive or canola oil
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- In small bowl, add all marinade ingredients. Mix by hand for 3 full minutes.
- Rinse chicken and put in medium sized bowl. Pour marinade over chicken, cover and refrigerate 3 - 4 hours.
- Cook rice. Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken and turn in pan so butter is on all sides. Cook on medium heat until done. Put chicken on plate. Pour remaining marinade in skillet. Cook for 10 minutes after marinade reaches boiling point. Spread rice in baking dish. Place chicken on rice and pour marinade on chicken.
- Bake at 400ºF for 15 minutes
NotesWe like Asian food and this is a popular dinner at our house.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More