- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 4 Tbls. butter
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms, trimmed and sliced inch thick
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Put aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, gradually add milk, broth, and wine. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and add 1 cup Parmesan and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package instructions for al dente; drain and return to pot. Add sauce, chicken, peas, and mushrooms. Toss well to combine. Divide between two shallow 2-quart baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Freeze (see below) or bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To freeze: After placing pasta mixture in baking dishes and sprinkling with Parmesan (step 3), cool to room temperature. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To bake from frozen: Bake, covered with foil, at 400 degrees, until center is warm, about 2 hours. Uncover, and bake until top is browned, about 20 minutes more. Serve.
- To bake from thawed: Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Bake, covered with foil, at 400 degrees, until center is warm, about 30 minute
NotesAdapted from a Martha Stewart recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Delightful DessertsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More