CHICKEN THAI RED CURRY
Chicken Thai Red Curry
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 60
- 2 lb of trimmed chicken thigh cut to thumb size pieces
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (or salt)
- 2 oz ginger (cut into thumb sized ginger pieces lightly smashed)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 5 dried bay leaves
- 6 large yellow onions
- 2 cans (13.5 fl oz each) of Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Red Curry Paste (MAE PLOY brand)
- 4 medium carrots
- 8 oz of split chick peas (chana dal)
- Olive Oil (or cooking oil)
Soak chick peas in warm water for two hours or overnight.
Marinade chicken with corn starch, olive oil, chicken bouillon, and sugar for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to a hot pot.
Remove chicken from pot.
Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to hot pot.
Remove onions for pot
Add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
Add Red Curry Paste.
Brown Curry for 10 minutes on high heat.
Stir in ginger, bay leaves, coconut milk into pot.
Add 1 can (13.5 fl oz) of water to pot.
Bring pot to a boil and add carrots.
Keep the curry at a simmer (approximately 10 minutes)
Add peas and cook for additional 10 minutes
Add the onions and chicken
Keep at a simmer for 5 minutes and serve