- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (or peanut oil if you happen to have some)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch of green onions, white and green parts separated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts (optional. I didn't have any on hand this time)
- Cooked rice
- Cut the chicken into sizes that are easily nibbled. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together the broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and honey, using a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sesame oil and allow to heat for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry "hard, fast, and furiously" until its golden brown, yet not quite cooked through. This should take about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a plate and "make it beg you to finish if off."
- To the skillet, add the onion whites, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook until for about 30 seconds, bringing out the fragrance. Add the spinach and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the broth mixture to the pan and heat to a simmer, scraping up the brown bits which will add to the flavor of your sauce. Let the sauce simmer "until it is thick and velvety", about a minute or two.
- If you're using the peanuts, now is the time to add them, along with the begging chicken, and the onion greens.
- Stir it around in the sauce until it is good and tousled, the sauce is the desired thickness, and the chicken is done, about 2 minutes or so.
- Serve over a bed or rice.
NotesThis is another tantalizing recipe from Fifty Shades of Chicken and is one of my favorites. Quick and easy and so very delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More