- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 675 g boned chicken thighs
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 shallots roughly chopped
- 4 large clove of garlic roughly chopped
- 4cm fresh ginger grated
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 125g plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground garam masala
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- the sauce:
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 rounded tsp tomatoe puree
- handful cilantro roughly chopped
- 3cm fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 50g unsalted butter
- 125ml single cream
- Chunk the chicken. Combine the lime juice and paprika and mix with the chicken. Leave on the side. Heat a small heavy based frying pan over a moderate heat. Add the cumin and coriander seeds and roast for about 1 minute, shaking tha pan to prevent from scorching. When they color tip them into a plate to cool. Grind to a fine powder with a mortar, spice mill or a coffee grinder.
- Chop the the shallots, garlic, ginger and chillies (food processor). Drain the lime juice and paprika from the chicken and add to the onion mixture. Process until smooth. Tip into a mixing bowl and stir in yogurt, garam masala and half the coriander and cumin powder. Pour the spiced yogurt mixture over the chicken, turning every piece so that it is coated. Cover with celophane and marinate over night in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill, at its hottest setting. Take the chicken out of the yogurt and place it on the hot grill pan. Drizzle with oil and grill for about 5minutes on each side, charring the edges. Pour cooking juices into a bowl. Keep chicken warm while you make the sauce.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato puree, coriander leaves, ginger, lime juice, sugar and remaining cumin and coriander powder in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Heat the butter in a saucepan and when melted add the spiced tomato mixtures and cream. Bring to a simmering point, the strain reserved cooking juiced and add cooked chicken pieces.
- Reheat and serve with Indian breads
NotesPosted in the food observer monthly(UK), I have not tried this one, but the photo looks good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
My Family Cookbook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More