- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounce carton sour cream or plain yogurt
- 10.75 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounce jar chunky salsa, mild, medium or hot your choice
- 12 tortillas, (I used whole wheat) cut into strips, mine were about 1 inch wide
- 2 large cans (10 to 12 ounce?) chicken OR 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups (8 ounces)shredded cheddar cheese or mexican blend shredded cheese
- Spray a 9x13 pan with no stick spray.
- Mix together sour cream, soup, and salsa.
- Layer 1/3 of the tortilla strips, 1/3 of the soup mixture, 1/3 of the chicken or turkey, and 1/3 of the cheese in the prepared baking pan.
- Repeat twice.
- Bake uncovered at 350'F for 40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- This also holds well on warm in your oven for quite a while.
- I only made half the above recipe (I will admit I used the full 8 ounces of cheese!) but it seems that this may freeze nicely. Enjoy!
NotesQuick to put together! I put this together and it cooked while we handed out candy to the trick or treaters.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More