CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8-10
- 8 ounce carton sour cream or plain yogurt
- 10.75 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounce jar chunky salsa, mild, medium or hot your choice
- 12 tortillas, (I used whole wheat) cut into strips, mine were about 1 inch wide
- 2 large cans (10 to 12 ounce?) chicken OR 4 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups (8 ounces)shredded cheddar cheese or mexican blend shredded cheese
Spray a 9x13 pan with no stick spray.
Mix together sour cream, soup, and salsa.
Layer 1/3 of the tortilla strips, 1/3 of the soup mixture, 1/3 of the chicken or turkey, and 1/3 of the cheese in the prepared baking pan.
Bake uncovered at 350'F for 40 minutes.
Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This also holds well on warm in your oven for quite a while.
I only made half the above recipe (I will admit I used the full 8 ounces of cheese!) but it seems that this may freeze nicely. Enjoy!