CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Tortilla's cut into strips
- 1 med. chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 6 cups chicken broth (you can use the broth in a can)
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-tsp sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cup corn (whatever you prefer, frozen or canned) you can use fresh corn also
- 2 large cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- Small container of sour cream
- 1 bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 Avacado's (sliced or cubed)
Directions: Cook tortillas in oil until crispy(you can also use store bought tortilla strips). Drain in papertowels.
Saute onions in oil until tender, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and bay leaf. Saute for about 1 minute.
Add broth, tomato sauce, salt, sugar and pepper, bring to a boil. Add chicken and corn.
Simmer on low for 10 minutes and serve.
Garnish with tortilla strips, avacado slices, sour cream and cilantro.
Serving size: 6 people, prep time: 20 minutes, cook time 45 minutes. Very easy recipe.