- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Tortilla's cut into strips
- 1 med. chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 6 cups chicken broth (you can use the broth in a can)
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-tsp sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cup corn (whatever you prefer, frozen or canned) you can use fresh corn also
- 2 large cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- Small container of sour cream
- 1 bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped
- 2 Avacado's (sliced or cubed)
- Directions: Cook tortillas in oil until crispy(you can also use store bought tortilla strips). Drain in papertowels.
- Saute onions in oil until tender, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and bay leaf. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, salt, sugar and pepper, bring to a boil. Add chicken and corn.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes and serve.
- Garnish with tortilla strips, avacado slices, sour cream and cilantro.
- Serving size: 6 people, prep time: 20 minutes, cook time 45 minutes. Very easy recipe.
NotesThIs was passed onto me from a friend, but I changed it up a bit by adding, corn, avacado and cilantro. To thicken this recipe up, you can blend broth with the corn in a blender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More