- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion minced
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 8 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 oz tortilla chips, crushed into large pieces
- 3 plum tomatos, seeded and chopped
- 1-2 avocados, chopped
- fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- slices of jalepeno
- hot sauce
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add onions, jalepeno, garlic, and chili powder, Cook ab 5 min, until onions are soft.
- Stir in broth and bring to a simmer, add chicken and simmer partially covered ab 15 min, or until no pink left in chicken.
- Remove chicken, and continue cooking broth for ab 10 more min.
- Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle, then shred into bite size pieces.
- Remove broth from heat and stir in lime juice.
- In each bowl, add tortilla chips, tomatos, chicken, avocado, and then ladle broth over it all. Add cilantro, sour cream, jalepeno, and/or hot sauce on top and enjoy.
NotesThis is an easy, awesome recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Fun appetizers and snacks
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More