- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryMy niece and I enjoy cooking together. She picks what she wants to learn and we go from there. Here is a healthy and delicious recipe of Ruth Todd's from the cookbook Five Star Recipes from Well-known Latter-day Saints, page 38. All six eaters around the table said they would enjoy having this soup again!
Submitted by: "Elizabeth Lynch"
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 small cans chopped green chilies
- 1 (15-oz) can corn, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Choice of condiments:
- grated cheeses (Monterey Jack, Cheddar)
- crushed tortilla chips
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped olives
- chopped green onions
- chunky salsa
- Prepare soup bowls with your favorite condiments.
- Heat broth.
- Add chicken pieces, chilies, corn, lime juice, seasonings, and cilantro.
- Cook to boiling; then pour soup over condiments in bowls.