BackstoryTostadas in Mexico are generally eaten on the streets, where you can find “puestos” that sell them. Tostadas are also a common in mexican families to eat at home, because they’re easy and fast to fix.
You can use your imagination to creat your own tostada style! – You can mix vegetables, pork, chicken, and also yesterday’s food that was left by your children.
Also, tostadas could be considered as a middle-night snack…
- 8 corn tostadas (6 inches)
- 1-1/4 cup mashed refried beans
- 2 cups sliced fresh lettuce
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and crumbled
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 / 2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 / 2 cup sour cream
- SPREAD beans on toast.
- FILL toast with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with a mixed green salad, dressed with
- reduced-calorie ranch dressing.
- Pico de gallo is a relish of finely chopped
- ingredients such as tomatoes, onions and peppers
- mixed with a variety of seasonings. Use it in
- recipes instead of Mexican salsa with chopped
- vegetables of your choice.