- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded (best to do this while the chicken
- is still warm)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 tostadas
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- mexican queso cheese, finely grated
- chopped fresh cilantro stems (to garnish)
- Combine the salsa and vinegar in a bowl, stir and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the onions over medium heat until they begin to caramelize, 5-8 minutes.
- Add salsa mixture to skillet, simmer until well reduced, add chicken, stir, heat and then cool slightly; season with salt.
- Top each tostada with some chicken mixture, add avocado, tomato and cheese and sprinkle with cilantro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More