- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryLow-carb if served without pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cooked pasta, optional
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper and brown strips in hot oil Remove to a plate. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until tender; then stir in mushrooms and cook until golden. Stir in wine and bring to simmer. Stir in tomatoes and return to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and return chicken to pan; cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken. Finish sauce with cream and parsley. Serve warm over pasta of your choice.