- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60
- Celery-2 sticks
- Onion- 1 large
- Mushrooms- 1 (8oz) canned or can also use fresh
- Chicken breasts - 3 cut into cubes
- Butter- 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Water - 1QT
- Chicken Soup Broth base -1/4 Cup
- Bay Leaves- 3
- Potatoes - 4 Large chopped
- Wild Rice - uncooked 2 Cups
- White Rice - uncooked 3/4 Cup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - 1 Can
- Cream of Celery Soup- 1 Can
- Whipping Cream - 1 pint
- Black Pepper to taste
- Soak wild rice overnight or cook for 1 hour prior to making this soup recipe.
- Chop: Celery, Onion, Mushrooms, Chicken and Sauté until lightly brown.
- Add water and all remaining ingredients. Cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft. This makes a large pot!
NotesThis recipe came from my sister in law when I lived in Detroit Lakes MN where wild rice is very popular. My sister in law had a Native American friend who would harvest the wild rice locally. Living in the North, we are always looking for warm recipes. This is an easy and wonderful way to feed my family.
Submitted by: "email@example.com"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More