- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sake
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 4 cups Water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the soy sauce, sake and sugar.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture.
- Cube the chicken breasts and place in marinade mixture.
- Coat chicken pieces well.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet place either 1 tablespoon oil or spray with Pam.
- Allow pan to get hot but not smoking.
- Pour the chicken and the marinade into the pan and allow chicken to cook thoroughly.
- In a bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of reserved liquid with the cornstarch.
- Bring remainder of the liquid to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch slurry and stir constantly. Continue to boil until the sauce thickens and then simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
- If you chose to grill this then change lines 4 and 5 to the following:
- After cubing the chicken, secure on skewers and then grill chicken until done, basting regularly.
NotesMy boyfriend spent many years in Japan and came to really enjoy Japanese cuisine. This dish is usually done by skewering the chicken and grilling it but I have changed it to a pan frying recipe for my convenience. The 1st time I made it on an indoor grill it smoked us out so bad we had to open windows and turn on fans. I serve it over rice. By all means try it on the outdoor grill - it's delicious. This recipe serves 4.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More