- Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 head broccoli crowned, with crowns chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh grated parmesan
- sea salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven on bake 375
- Heat 2 tbs olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. To this, add onion. Cook until translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add chicken. Cook until light brown, about 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place broccoli on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and a little bit of sea salt. Place in oven two racks down under broiler. Roast 10-15 minutes, or until bottom starts to char. Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- Butter sides of large casserole dish. Layer in potatoes, chicken, broccoli, cheese. Coat first layer with cream. Add a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper to taste. Repeat. Top with remaining potatoes, a few pats of butter, and cream. Cover. Place in oven. Bake 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top is nice golden brown. Add final layer of cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until cheese is brown and melty.
NotesA friend gave me these ingredients that were in her refrigerator - potatoes, cheese, chicken, broccoli - and asked me to come up with something. Casserole! Her family went nuts over this fatty but delicious dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More