- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 w/ precooked chicken
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed or fresh
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast - cooked and shredded
- 1 cup cracker crumbs (Ritz®, or your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add flour.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and shallot, bring the mixture to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and stir until thickens.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and ¼ cup of Parmesan.
- Arrange the broccoli in a 2-quart gratin dish; pour half the sauce over it.
- Arrange the shredded chicken on the top of the broccoli and pour on the remaining sauce.
- Top with cracker crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325° F for 20 minutes then put the dish under the broiler until the crackers are golden brown, for no more than 1 minute.
NotesDid you know that broccoli is high in fiber and has been shown to lower cholesterol? It is also rich in sulfur compounds, which are good for the liver and thus strengthen the body's natural detoxification system.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More