CHICKEN AND CASHEW PASTA SALAD
Chicken and Cashew Pasta Salad
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cups enriched or whole wheat rotini (short spirals) pasta
- 1 cup pea pods, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) premium chunk breast of chicken in water, drained and flaked
- 1 can (5 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding the pea pods during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and cool pasta and pea pods.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta and pea pods with chicken, water chestnuts, bell pepper, red onion and carrots. Combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar and salt, and toss with the salad.
Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, fold in cashews.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 350; Total fat 12g; Saturated fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 630mg; Carbohydrate 43g; Fiber 3g; Protein 19g; Vitamin A 30%DV*; Vitamin C 35%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV * Daily Value