- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups uncooked rotini
- 1 cup pea pods, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) premium chunk breast of chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 can (5 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding pea pods during last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain and cool pasta and pea pods. In a large bowl, combine pasta and pea pods with chicken, water chestnuts, bell pepper, onion and carrots. Combine mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar and salt; toss with salad. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, fold in cashews.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 490; Total fat 21g; Saturated fat 4g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 890mg; Carbohydrate 55g; Fiber 3g; Protein 24g; Vitamin A 35%DV*; Vitamin C 45%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 15%DV Per serving, this dish provides from MyPyramid: About 1/2 cup Vegetable Group; 1 ounces Grains Group; 3 1/2 ounces Meat and Beans Group *Daily Value
NotesReciMeals are designed to be complete meals that need only be accompanied by a beverage, and sometimes a side salad or slice of bread.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More