CHICKEN AND CASHEWS IN LETTUCE CUPS
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 small head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
Combine the soy sauce and honey in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
Lower heat to medium and stir in the garlic and ginger. Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the water chestnuts and half the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the cashews.
Divide the lettuce leaves among individual plates and spoon the chicken over the top. Serve with the remaining soy sauce mixture for drizzling.