Chicken and Green Chili Casserole
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 soup can of water
1 small can chopped green chilis
2 baked boneless chicken breasts (cut up)
Grated Mexican Mix cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake chicken and cut up into bite-size pieces
3. Sauté onion in small amount of vegetable oil until brown
4. Add soup, green chilies, chicken and water. Cook, stirring often, until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
5 Line casserole dish with corn tortillas, spoon chicken mixture over tortillas until tortillas are covered.
6. Add 1 layer of cheese, tortillas, and chicken mixture, ending with a layer of cheese on top.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes
Pairs Well With
I got this recipe from "Quick and Easy Dishes. Favorite Recipes of Home Economics Teachers" recipe book.