Chicken and Herb-Vinaigrette Roast (Stovetop)
Why I Love This Recipe
This is a Roast recipe I adapted to cook on the stove top instead! Originally taken from a website, then tweaked to fit my own palate.
* is optional
Ingredients You'll Need
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cubed
2 tsp Vegetable Oil- for cooking
1/2c Onion, chopped
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1c Water + **1/4c
1/4c Cider Vinegar
Dry Seasonings Mix:
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes, crushed
1 tsp Dry Basil
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Dry Parsley Flakes
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Dry Thyme
1/8 tsp Dry Marjoram
*1/4 tsp Poppy Seeds
1 1/2c Carrots, julienned
1/2c Celery, sliced
5c Potatoes, cubed
1c Red and/or Yellow Bell Peppers, chopped
*1 Tbsp Green Onion, chives
1) In a small bowl or condiment cup, mix together all dry seasonings. Set aside.
2) In a large cooking pot on stove, brown chicken in oil over a medium to medium-high heat. While cooking, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of mixed seasonings over chicken; toss to coat.
3) Drain chicken from oil; set aside but keep warm.
4) In the heated oil, saute onions and garlic to tender, 1 minute.
5) Stir in carrots, potatoes, 1 c of water, and remaining seasonings. Top with browned chicken.
6) Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally- **add 1/4c water if needed to cover.
7) Stir in bell peppers, celery, and *green onion. Cover and cook until all veggies are tender and meat is cooked through.
8) Lastly, stir in vinegar and heat through, 3 min.