- Cooking Time: 16-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large pkg (8 oz) mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup water or white wine
- Over medium heat, warm oil in a large skillet. Trim fat off of chicken and pound chicken to an even thickness. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Add chicken to warmed skillet and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add butter and sliced mushrooms to skillet, scraping the bottom of the pan. Saute for 5 minutes and add tarragon and water (or wine, if using).
- Return chicken to pan, along with any accumulated juices on the plate. Cook until chicken is done and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve chicken with mushrooms and sauce on top.
NotesThis simple and delicious recipe is a Jenn Original! Use pre-sliced mushrooms or buy whole and slice your own.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More