CHICKEN AND PEANUTS WITH NOODLES
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce - divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups snow peas, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, shelled
In small bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, ginger, 1/4 cup soy sauce, hot pepper sauce, garlic, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar and water. Whisk until well blended. Pour mixture into a large, plastic zipper bag; add chicken tenders. Close and turn bag to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
2. In large skillet or wok, heat canola oil. Add chicken and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute.
3. Add snow peas, cook for additional minute. Add green onions, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
4. In large bowl, combine hot spaghetti noodles, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir to blend. Add chicken mixture and peanuts; mix well. Divide among plates; sprinkle with reserved green onions.
Makes 4 servings.