- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 pound andouille or hot link sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning, until browned, 5 to 10 minutes in all.
- Remove. When the sausages are cool enough to handle, cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from the pan.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and cook, covered, over moderately low heat until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, broth, sausage, cayenne, bay leaves, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and simmer, covered, until the chicken is just done and the rice and the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for about 2 minutes
- Serves 4
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More