- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrom: Sonya Yence
Again this was from Paula on a Somersizing email to me. She got the recipe from someone named Sonya....which I dont know her...but great recipe.
- 4 small chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/2 pound ground sausage, browned, drained
- 1/2 pound ground beef, browned, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- hot cooked spaghetti squash
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In skillet brown the chicken in hot oil, drain. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to crockpot. For sauce, combine tomato sauce, ground sausage, ground beef, water,
- garlic, and oregano. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 9 hours. Remove chicken and keep warm. Turn cooker to high heat setting, stir mozzarella
- cheese into sauce. Cook uncovered, till cheese melts and sauce is heated through.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked spaghetti squash. Pass Parmesan.