CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES IN FOIL PACKET
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 chicken pieces (per serving)
- 1 potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- garlic and onion powder
- 1 large onion, 3/4 inch sliced rings
- 2-3 green pepper rings
- 2-3 tablespoons raw long grain rice
- 1 small whole tomato, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 18 inch squares heavy duty foil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lipton Onion Soup Mix or chicken bouillon (optional)
- olive oil spray
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry. Spray with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder.
- Place the chicken in the center of the double squares of foil (one layer of foil over the other) with the shiny side in. Add the vegetables, rice, and remaining ingredients.
- Fold the foil up around the food to make a package with the seam on top. Seal it tightly with a double fold so that none of the juices escape. Make up one packet for each person.
- Make sure the coals on the fire are nice and hot when you place the food packets to cook so that the chicken can brown nicely. Continue to roast for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is tender and vegetables and rice are done.
NotesWe've had this several times on a hot steamy day, when you don't want to turn your oven on. We've also done them on the grill.