- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Variety of spices (I use whatever I happen to grab)
- ½ can of chick peas
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped (or, 2-3 pimientos drained and chopped)
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained (if you only have marinated artichokes rinse them)
- ½ cup chardonnay
- 1 cup chicken broth
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- ½ pound whole wheat or whole wheat blend angel hair pasta, such as Barilla Plus
- Grated cheese, to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in EVOO in a wide shallow saucepan. Once softened add paste and stir until it melts. Add chicken to the pan and season with salt, pepper, paprika and Mrs. Dash. Saute chicken until browned and remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, boil salted water for pasta.
- Add peppers, artichoke hearts, chickpeas and crushed red pepper flakes and let them heat up for a couple of minutes. Deglaze pan with wine. Let the alcohol burn off (a few minutes) and then add the chicken broth and basil.
- Return chicken to sauce pan and let it simmer for a few minutes. Taste and season.
- Add a ladle of the starchy pasta water to sauce pan and drain pasta. Add the pasta to pan and toss all together. Sprinkle with grated cheese and Serve.
NotesI made this up when I was trying to use up some items I already had in my pantry.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More