- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is pretty served on a bed of rice - layer the zucchini and then the chicken breasts on top then pour sauce over each chicken breast.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halved
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- Garlic Cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (3 oz) package of cream cheese
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Chicken: In skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; add chicken breasts. Cook, turning once, until chicken is browned and fork tender. Add zucchini and onions. Continue cooking, stirring until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Garlic Cream Sauce: In 2 quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add garlic. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in flour and cook until smooth and bubbly. Add remaining ingredients and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is smooth and thickened.