- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 2 TBspoons EVOO
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 dl dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into very thin cutlets (3-4 mm), cover them with a piece of baking paper and pound a little.
- If your cutlets happen to be really large ones cut them in two, lengthwise, so that they're just slightly wider than the zucchini. Season them with salt and pepper and any other poultry seasoning that you like.
- Wash and dry the zucchini, cut off the ends and slice them very thinly, lengthwise, possibly using a mandoline.
- Place each cutlet over a zucchini slice, and roll them together so that the zucchini is on the outer side. Fasten with just one toothpick so they don't unwrap while cooking.
- Clean and chop as finely as you can the carrot, the celery stalk and the onion.
- Saute the veggies in a deep skillet or a casserole (possibly use something that can go into the oven), on low heat so they get soft but don't burn.
- Add the meat rolls and cook for 3-4 minutes turning them carefully with two forks.
- Add the wine and let it evaporate almost completely. Add the sliced tomatoes on top.
- Transfer everything into the oven that's already been preheated to 180°C, and let cook for 10 minutes.
NotesI love the combination of chicken and zucchini in any season. Two of my favourites put together.