- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ready-made, roll-out pie crust
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons frozen peas
- 1/2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- A little milk or one egg, beaten
- Preheat oven at 210°C/410°F
- Chop the bacon and chicken breast into small bits. Put the bacon in a pan over medium-high heat and cook until they release the grease. Add the chicken and cook until golden. Add the peas and let cook a couple of minutes before taking off the heat and adding the condensed soup.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out 2 circles using a bowl. Put the pie circles on a greaseproof baking sheet or baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Spoon one or 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chicken mix onto one half of the circle, then close half the pie over, to make a half circle. Use a fork to pinch the edges together.
- Brush a little cold milk (or some beaten egg) over the pastries and bake for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE - There'll certainly be some chicken mix and pie crust left, so don't hesitate to roll the dought, roll it out and cut out more circles.
- NOTE - I'm not adding any salt because I find the bacon and soup to be quite salted already. Of course, you can add pepper and other spices to taste.
NotesI'm always trying to come up with something different for lunch. Salad are fun, but it's nice to have something you know you can warm up if you're a bit cold. I made this one up this weekend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More