- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI'm always trying to come up with something different for lunch. Salad are fun, but it's nice to have something you know you can warm up if you're a bit cold. I made this one up this weekend.
- 1 ready-made, roll-out pie crust
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons frozen peas
- 1/2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- A little milk or one egg, beaten
- Preheat oven at 210°C/410°F
- Chop the bacon and chicken breast into small bits. Put the bacon in a pan over medium-high heat and cook until they release the grease. Add the chicken and cook until golden. Add the peas and let cook a couple of minutes before taking off the heat and adding the condensed soup.
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out 2 circles using a bowl. Put the pie circles on a greaseproof baking sheet or baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Spoon one or 1 1/2 tablespoons of the chicken mix onto one half of the circle, then close half the pie over, to make a half circle. Use a fork to pinch the edges together.
- Brush a little cold milk (or some beaten egg) over the pastries and bake for about 15 minutes.
- NOTE - There'll certainly be some chicken mix and pie crust left, so don't hesitate to roll the dought, roll it out and cut out more circles.
- NOTE - I'm not adding any salt because I find the bacon and soup to be quite salted already. Of course, you can add pepper and other spices to taste.