- Cooking Time: 10-15 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 4 chicken breasts (four halves)
- 1 zucchini
- 3.5 oz mozzarella
- 2 tbls fresh chives (chopped)
- oil + butter
- half a glass of white wine or Dry Marsala
- Wash, dry, and then shred zucchini. After 5 minutes, drain the water zucchini will release.
- Mix zucchini with finely chopped or shredded mozzarella and chives.
- With a knife create "a pocket" on one side of chicken brest. Salt the meat inside, or use your favourite chicken seasoning.
- Fill the "pocket" with zucchini/mozzarella filling and close with several toothpicks.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken in it. Shake off the excess flour.
- In a skillet, warm 1 tblsp of oil with 1 tblspoon butter and cook on both sides until the chicken is nice golden brown, turning only once.
- Add Marsala and let it evaporate a little bit, then cover, reduce the heat to minimum and cook for about 5-10 minutes, (depends how thick your chicken is), until the meat is done.
NotesThe recipe comes from a cookbook called Quick everyday recipes, by Anne Wilson. Since we eat chicken a lot, I like to try new ways of preparing it. This was quite a success.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More