- Cooking Time: 25-30 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10-15 min.
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- olive oil
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- a handful basil
- 6 chicken breasts , skin on
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Fry the onion and garlic in 3 tbsp oil until softened but not coloured. Add the tomatoes, season, then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thick and glossy. Take off the heat and stir in the mascarpone and half the basil, roughly torn.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the chicken on both sides until golden. Transfer to a baking dish and pour over the sauce. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter over the rest of the basil.
- Serve with a short pasta, like fusilli, or a big bowl of potatoes roasted with olive oil and rosemary.
NotesA tasty tomato and chicken dish to feed the family - serve with short pasta or a big bowl of roast potatoes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Jean’s Recipe File
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More