CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSSEROLE
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (medium sized breasts)
- 1 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed and divided reserving 1/3 to 1/2 cup of crumbs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 egg
- 8 oz swiss cheese, cubed or shredded or in slices from the deli
- 8 oz ham, diced (I used smoked ham)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together egg and 1/2 c milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then toss with cracker crumbs, coating well.
Brown in about 4-5 Tbsp oil until lightly golden (your chicken will probably not be cooked through but that is fine).
Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 9 X 13. Evenly distribute ham and then evenly distribute your cheese.
Mix soup with the 1 cup of milk and pour over all.
Sprinkle reserved crumbs over the top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.