- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can mild green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic seasoning
- 1 (4 oz)can diced green chilies
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz sour cream or heavy cream
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 lg boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Place oil in large dutch oven over medium high heat. Place onions in hot oil and saute for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, cumin, garlic seasoning, green chilies and tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and then add sour cream, cheese, and chicken. Stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
- Top each bowl with a handful of crushed tortilla chips.
NotesI found this on a food blog called Picky Palate. I did substitute heavy cream for sour cream (in the same amount) because my husband hates sour cream. Even with the change, this tasted exactly like chicken enchiladas.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More