- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can mild green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic seasoning
- 1 (4 oz)can diced green chilies
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz sour cream or heavy cream
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 lg boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Place oil in large dutch oven over medium high heat. Place onions in hot oil and saute for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, cumin, garlic seasoning, green chilies and tomatoes. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and then add sour cream, cheese, and chicken. Stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted through.
- Top each bowl with a handful of crushed tortilla chips.
NotesI found this on a food blog called Picky Palate. I did substitute heavy cream for sour cream (in the same amount) because my husband hates sour cream. Even with the change, this tasted exactly like chicken enchiladas.